an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Criollisimo


Well I guess it has been a long time since my last visit but so glad I went back. Brenda recognized me!

Had nieto and nieta [politica] with me and did we enjoy. Each got something a bit different. Mine was, of course, the best: carne frita with white rice and beans. AND my favorite drink Kola Champagne. I will be back soon and this will become a regular lunch spot again.

November 6, 2009
I was having a 'rice and beans' attack so went to Criollisimo Restaurant in New Britain with a friend for lunch. Brenda, chef, was there so caught up on some NB Education Department bochinche [gossip].

We had Pernil [roast pork] with Arroz con Gandules [yellow rice with pigeon peas] and Costillas [ribs] with Arroz con Habichuelas [white rice and beans] with two slices of Avocado and split a bottle of water [$16].

Food is still as good as ever; plentiful and cheap. Lots of business even though we arrived after one o'clock and left after two; lot's of takeout.


No comments: